revmetabolism replied to your post: my vegan brownies were very popular with my… how did you make them? im curious
this is my recipe! :)
- 2 c. all purpose flour
- 2 c. crystallized sugar OR 3/4 cup agave nectar (you can use a char-free brand of white sugar, but many brands are not vegan because of processing)
- 3/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder (I added a little extra by making them heaping scoops— more chocolate is better in my book!)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 c. soy milk or almond milk (the original recipe calls for water but soy milk makes it richer and less likely to be watery!)
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Then, pour in soy milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk together until the ingredients are fully blended.
- Pour into a 9x13” baking pan, and bake for 30 minutes (the website specified to wait until the top is no longer shiny but mine were perfect after 30 minutes!). Let cool for 10 minutes, cut, and enjoy.